Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2/3

Today began with a little bit of sleeping in, as an attempt to stay healthy. Then a sykpe chat with M&D. I took a quick breakfast and ran off to class. Class was good, the students are progressing very nicely. Then I spent some time working on my projec,t blogging, emailing, and loading pictures. Then after lunch Barnali took Hannah and I to the tailor to get our new outfits stitched. Then Hannah and I stopped at the sweet shop for a quick snack and then took an auto to Chonditola. The kids were very happy to see us.The babies were as adorable as usual.. I held one for quite a while, I fed him and even got peed on ☺; he was really sweet. Then I helped feed the toddlers, and played around with the older kids. My heart is going to break when its time to leave those kids, they are so loving and it breaks my heart to think of them as orphans. After a while we all left, Regina and Johannes had shown up too, so the four of us had been playing with the kids. And it looks like Regina and Johannes will be in Calcutta on Monday as well, Hannah and my free day, so we planned to get together. We also talked about having a girls night, where we (Regina, Hannah and myself) all stay at DDC one night and watch chick flicks. On my way home from Chonditola I stopped at Ruchi’s house. I just wanted to say hi, and see how her week was going. I ended up staying for tea, and then after a few calls from Puthumai, saying that SWI would be empty for dinner, I stayed for dinner. We had a nice time playing with Trisha, and chatting. For dinner we had mutton and roti (like chipati). Ruchi let me help in the kitchen, which was so nice. It is strange here sometimes, having servants that do everything for me. They make my food, clean up after my food, clean my room, and do my laundry. It was difficult at first to accept, because that is all work that I am used to doing myself. Granted I have no idea how to do most of those things in India, so it has been a great help. But still, it is a strange adjustment to make. After dinner, Jonathon drove me home on his motorbike. I was so tired I went straight to bed. Sorry for the short and direct entry, but at now I am caught up on my days. Hope everyone is well, sending my love. PS. A link to pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment