Tuesday, January 6, 2009

light does the darkness most fear

I leave in 7 hours.

My heart is pounding, my stomach is churning and I can feel the blood pumping through my veins. My body is nervous, anxious and scared. The last bag has been zipped and I have said all but two of my goodbyes. I have already cried twice tonight and I seriously doubt that I'll be able to fall asleep, no matter how hard I try. And yet, I have no doubts that this is the beginning of something wonderful.

I leave in 7 hours.

4 comments:

  1. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." --(Mark Twain)
    Best wishes for a wonderful journey - Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rabid squirrels are just the growing pains that accompany a tremendous voyage of discovery and personal growth (and appropriate given the critters on your school crest). Stretching beyond your comfort zone is never easy but always worth the effort. I am so incredibly proud of you. All my love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess who loves you? ME! Itty-Bitty-Beth, you are so much stronger than I am, and I really admire you for your COURAGE to go to India in the first place. I look forward to your updates, and to Skyping with you! Don't worry about Seattle...I'll take good care of it while you're gone. I love you, beautiful face!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just saw the link on your facebook. I'll have to read it all so I guess the best place to start is the beginning. I think you are studying abroad in India?

    We'll see...

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete